[Klug-general] NFS + GIDs

jwm- art.net jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:56:39 UTC 2012

I'm only allowing access via the LAN, haven't opened any ports on the
router, so I don't expect security to be an issue. Arch Linux no longer
uses /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny so I briefly tried the
Uncomplicated FireWall (ufw) and followed some basic instructions but
couldn't get much sense out of it so disabled it.

Is Gnome's sftp:// mount using SSHFS? I did briefly look at that, but as I
did have NFS working (to probably a lesser degree than I have it now) once
upon a time decided to go with NFS. Might try SSHFS out to see how it fairs
in comparison.

James.