[Lancaster] software for planning consultation

max max at tofubandits.org.uk
Tue Dec 10 09:55:01 2002

Hi there,

you may have heard about Real Planning for Lancaster
(http://www.realplanningforlancaster.org.uk) who are putting together a
community-plan for the area around the canal as an alternative to the
supermarket and road that chelverton-carillion want to do. I'm currently
scratching my head, and trying to find a programme that will help with the
consultation process. I seem to remember some software (gnu of course) that
allowed you to zone a map using a mouse - just like in simcity or lincity -
and then outputted the results in a format that could be imported into a
database or spreadsheet. Has anyone come across this software - or anything
similar - or can anyone think of an easy (and quick) way of doing such
software (or any that could help the consultation process)?

any help appreciated

max