[Lancaster] Web Page

Martyn Welch martyn at 22balmoralroad.net
Wed Aug 13 16:45:01 2003

Hi Jon,

I guess killing it completely right now would be a little hasty. However
if a final Email could be sent out to the mailing list, that I believe is
hosted on that machine, asking those on it to migrate to
lancaster@mailman.lug.org.uk (signing on can be accomplised as noted
below) then pulling the plug on the list might be a step in the right
direction (at the very least removing the 2 dead E-mail addresses from
it!).

I believe that the box has PHP on it (else the forum wouldn't work!), I
would like to write a webpage in php to replace the existing one, unless
anyone objects. Access to the box (via ssh?) would be nice and I can quite
happy to meet/talk via other means off list to discuss this first (I guess
you live near Lancaster?) if you feel concerned about letting a (almost)
complete stranger onto your box. Failing that I could write a quick static
replacement for now (and E-mail it to you)and develop a PHP offline
replacement on a box that I have access to that could be copied across, if
you are still willing to host the site, at a later date. I'll understand
if you are a little nervous about this especially if the box is used for
other stuff/are worried that badly coded dynamic pages could lead to
security holes.

Martyn