[Lancaster] meeting on sw patents?

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 14:18:00 2003

hello all,

I just found out that the vote on software patents has been put off until the
end of next month due to objections to the draft proposal, so there's still
time to write to people about it.

I was thinking it would be good if we could get together as a group and write
a short collective response to the proposal, especially as Arlene McCarthy,
one of the North West meps, has put her name to the proposal for unlimited
patenting. I talked to max on the phone, and we're thinking of next Tuesday
evening, 8pm at the Gregson - can people make that time? If you can't come
and want your point of view included, could you send a message to the list
saying what you think? The swpat.ffii.org has a lot of info on the issue if
you want to do some research before then, including a detailed list of all
the illegal software patents granted over the last few years.

andy.

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which