[Lancaster] Laptop Power Managment

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Thu Jul 1 23:07:07 BST 2004

For those who turned up to the Folly last evening.

I've just got a new battery for my Thinkpad T21. It now runs as expected
via battery, looking like 2 1/2 to 3 hours per charge. Can't be more
definate yet as I'm still on first run with 15% capacity to go.

ACPI is working OK and with the aid of 'aKpi', gives sensible values for
battery state, CPU tmperature, etc. It seems the 2.6.4 kernel (SuSE 9.1)
is OK with ACPI.

For those who also might need a new battery, have a look at
www.laptopsolutions.plc.uk. I got a genuine IBM battery which appears to
be brand new for £63.45 incl VAT and P&P. Via IBM this would be around £140.