[Lancaster] Re: the kitchen network.

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Thu Jul 15 14:09:36 BST 2004

Has anybody had any further thoughts re setting up a PC with CD burner
at the Folly? Did anybody (eg Taylor?) order a CD writer?

I suggest that we use one of the two available PII boxes, but with some
extra RAM.

In the interests of simplicity, I suggest that this be set up with SuSE
v9.1 or a similar recent distro, so as to have access to the likes of
K3b and auto setup of CD writer (avoiding the need to set up scsi
emulation).

I would be happy to do this (even using Debian if that is the consensus).