[Lancaster] Re: the kitchen network.

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Wed Jul 21 21:17:23 BST 2004

Martyn Welch wrote:
> [...]

No! This does not resize the apps window to full screen. At least I
can't make do so. This need not be a problem as our app can be made to
scale to full screen nomatter what screen resolution. Can be a bit of a
pain to do. It means scaling and positioning all screen items
accordingly. I have done it in the past under MS Windows/Borland C++
Builder, but it does add quite a lot to the development time -- unless
there's an easy way that I've missed.

It's much simpler to decide on a screen resolution, stick to it and
develop the app accordingly.

>>Having (almost) cracked this, how should we develop our CD burning app?
>>I've used Borland C++ Builder under MS Windows, but haven't yet got
>>around to window programming under Linux. I intend to get into
>>Kdevelop/QT soon.
>>

> I have had some experience (mainly positive) of coding in Anjuta, with
> GTK/Gnome in C (debian box at uni). My main gripe was with the version of GTK
> that debian installs. Found some nice quick tutorials online :-)

Haven't looked at Anjuta as I don't normally use Gnome. I'll have a play
ASAP.

QT Designer looks GOOD! It's not as easy as using Kylix3/Borland C++
Builder, but I guess that would really upset the Linux philosophers
(chuckle).