[Lancaster] Re: Books on Linux

max max at tofubandits.org.uk
Mon Jun 7 11:59:35 BST 2004

Hi there,

I'm thinking of ordering these recommended books at the library - being
possibles for beginners (who I reckon are the ones most likely to look in a
library rather than the net when wanting to find out about FLOSS/GNU/Linux).

Tim, how old/new are these?

> Linux Complete, Pub by Sybex, cheap paper, 950 pages, £14.99
> ISBN 0-7821-4036-X
>
> Running Linux, Pub by O'Reilly, better paper, 650 pages, $44.95
> ISBN 0-596-00272-6

and Ken, same question for:

> "Teach Yourself Linux", Robert Billing, Hodder & Stoughton Educational,
> ISBN 0-340-81204-4, £8.99

It would be good to get as up to date as possible, since these books are going
to  be on the shelves for a few years to come ;-)

Max