[Lancaster] activist live cd

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 9 12:57:20 BST 2004

max wrote:

>if only for the amazing prose on the english language site:
>
>"X-evian is a gesture of disobedience in a world that tattoos our bodies with
>the capitalist codes of conduct relating to restrictions on copying,
>competitive production and individualist consumption."

Almost as good as dyne:bolic...

``dyne:bolic is RASTA software released free under the GNU General
Public License. Share this software for the good of yourself and your
people, respect others and let them express, be free and seek Peace. But
remember there is no Peace without Justice.
    ``This software is about Resistance in a babylon world which tries
to control more and more the way we communicate and we share
informations and knowledge. The roots of Rasta culture can be found in
Resistance to slavery: this software is one more step in the struggle
for Redemption and Freedom. Much blessings in Jah luv to all those who
still resist. Selah.''

I think British developers should be encouraged to be much more
expressive in their licences and homepages :-)
I used to put a fair bit in the page source when I did webpages, but
that was a long time ago.

In Liverpool yesterday at FACT (for Interactive Cities - a few LAMP
users there), I picked up an intro to Free Software produced by
``Kingdom of piracy'' who are based in FACT. FLOSS support seems to
be springing up everywhere :-)

 > @tofubandits.org.uk
I like the essay on allotments on your site. I've finally managed to get
one myself. :-)

 - Richard
/me too busy working to plant out the courgettes today :-/