[Lancaster] Laptop Power Managment

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Tue Jun 29 23:39:58 BST 2004

Martyn,

I know that APM is the older technology, but as the laptop is circa 2001
it may be relevant. I'm running a 2.6 kernel so am fairly well up to date.

I've discovered that when running APM, 'xosview' shows battery level,
whereas when running ACPI it doesn't. 'akpi' shows battery level under ACPI.

When I've managed to get my head around the APM/ACPI scene, I'll look up
a few web sites on the subject for clues.

I'm begining to suspect the battery and so am trying to get hold of a
spare, but not at IBM prices!

BTW. Have you any use for a 32MB/64MHz working RAM chip taken from a
failed Toshiba 480 CDT laptop? I remember you saying that you had an old
laptop.

Ken Hough