[Lancaster] application

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Sat May 29 22:29:16 BST 2004

I guess that the server uses PC2100 RAM, so acording to adverts in
"Micro Mart" we should get 512MB of top quality RAM (eg Corsair) for
around £80 incl VAT.

It would be difficult to spend more than £50 on an IDE CDRW unit. I have
a Plextor unit which is good and now sells for around £55. This is
capable of burning at 52X, but it is strongly recommended not to go
above 40X. This is because of mechanical limitations of the CDs themselves.

Do we need portability and a more expensive USB or similar unit? Most of
the existing boxes don't have USB ports. A portable unit would be more
likely to go AWOL.

Ken Hough