[Lancaster] GIMP colour & [Re: SAMBA Problem]

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 8 18:58:34 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 15:24, Ken Hough wrote:

> The only limition is that the RAW files are 12 bit colour, whereas (to
> date) GIMP only works with 8 bit and translates the files accordingly.

GIMP plug-ins are gradually being ported to
Cinepaint http://cinepaint.sourceforge.net/
 - so you may have some luck there (cinepaint
supports 16 bits per colour), at least eventually :^)

> I was under the impression that RAW files are proprietory formats,
> specific to particular makes/models of camera.

There are differences between cameras, but I
read recently of industry efforts to standadise
RAW (don't have the reference in front of me).

 - Richard

--
Grants for Free Software development in the UK:
http://www.affs.org.uk/grants/index.html