[Lancaster] Workshop ideas for New Year

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 17:23:07 GMT 2005

Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting last night, if anyone else turned up -
nobody replied to my email, so I assumed it wasn't happening.

I've had a few ideas about things I could do for a workshop next year:

- carry on with the linux audio workshop, and do some stuff on basic audio
recording and editing.
- how to set up a web audio stream and streaming server.
- how to set up a home webserver using apache/apache2. This would cover
setting up the server, uploading a simple web site, getting a Dynamic DNS
entry from dyndns.org, and possibly how to set up more sophisticated web
applications using PHP. I've just set up a home photo gallery on an old
pentium machine, running over ADSL, which seems to work well, and would be
good for anyone with a big photo collection they want to put online.

One idea I had about the workshops is to make these more public, so we
advertise the Basement meetings for anyone to come along to, but keep the
meetings in the pub for more regular members. What do people reckon?

andy.

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which