[Lancaster] Help Re Broadband Routers

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Fri Feb 4 18:01:02 GMT 2005

Thanks for input re ADSL modem/router boxes.

The choice seems to be between:

D-Link DSL-G604T
Linksys WRK-54G
Netgear DG834G

The specs all seem to fit my needs and all cost around £70 to £85, so I
guess it's down to what colour I like.

I like the sound of GPL source code being used for the D-Link unit.
Thanks mp.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in believing that they can all be
configured via normal browser/ethernet, and hence are 100% OK with Linux.

Also mentioned was Intertex IX66. The cost of this unit is around £210
plus VAT, so is way out of my court.

I still have an old Intertex IX33 14.4k modem. It's slow by modern
standards, but still works. I do remember that it was rather expensive
at the time.