[Lancaster] Any Old/Dead Printers?

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Sat Oct 15 15:35:46 BST 2005

I'm hoping to build a motorised platform to allow me to do some astro
photography. Stepper motors and associated mechanical bits from an
old/dead printer or two might be a good start.

I'm presently thinking along the lines of driving stepper motors via the
parallel port (plus buffers/powerstages) of my old laptop. I would then
be able to use software to drive a fairly simple platform accurately.

Have any of you guys (and gals) got any old/dead printers that you don't
want?

Any other suggestions re usable hardware and sources of information
would be appreciated.

BTW, which Tuesday is the next LUG meet to happen?