[Lancaster] Re: Install Fest

Kristof Van Laerhoven kristof at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Sat Sep 3 12:19:17 BST 2005

Ken Hough wrote:

> Kristof Van Laerhoven wrote:
>
>> - if everyone brings the installation discs of distros they have
>> experience with (anyone covering Gentoo?) we should be fine,
>
> Is Gentoo really appropriate for this event? We won't have time to
> compile a complete installation, so what would it offer as binaries?

I know, I know, I wasn't serious of course.. having said that, it
*would* be interesting to see someone installing it - for us foreigners
it might be like watching a game of cricket unfold  ;)

> Did you read that the guy who started off Gentoo now works for
> Microsoft? Seriously!
>
>> - we have the middle section of the building reserved for the entire
>> afternoon, from 12 onwards, but the plan is to start around 1pm.
>> - I'll make sure to supply you with a decent map soon, but you can
>> already explore it by using google maps and searching for "LA1 4WA",
>> and as Martyn said, you cannot miss it..
>> - there is plenty of parking space in front of the building and we'll
>> make sure that you get a visitor's ticket to place in your car.

The llug website (http://lancaster.lug.org.uk) now has the installfest
as its latest news, click on it to get the details on how to get there..

cheers,
    kristof.

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/~kristof