[Lancaster] Re: SUSE D-Link ethernet problem

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Sat Sep 10 21:58:12 BST 2005

John R Alderson wrote:
> Many thanks for the efforts of yourself and your colleagues to solve my
> connection problem.  Sorry it took so long and delayed everyone.
> I wonder if there would be similar problems recognising my printer, scanner,
> camera etc., and if it is worth pursuing further?
> I'll give the matter more thought and come back to you
> Again  many thanks
> Regards
> John Alderson

Don't worry! That's what we were there for!

I'm fairly sure that there is something wrong with your Linux
installation, but this might be related to the laptop hardware. As
someone pointed out, some laptops can be a bit of a pain.

There are a few things that we could check. I suggest that we meet at my
house as I have various bits of hardware and software to try if
neccessary. When would be best for you?

I need to be out in the mornings until maybe 10am and in the evenings
from about 4 or 5pm. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays would be best.

I have had my parallel port printers, USB scanner and digital camera
(also USB) working via my laptop under SuSE v9.1.

regards