[Lancaster] Broadband Problems

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Sun Sep 11 09:01:12 BST 2005

Kristof,

Since I spoke with you yesterday about the poor performance of my
broadband link, I've been doing some research and also have spoken with
the BT technical dept.

According to my router statistics readout last night, the downstream
noise margin was not good, about 4 to 6dB then dropped to only 2dB.
Clearly, not workable.

Maybe it was a coincidence, but after giving the fault report department
a roasting (the third time), the noise margin rose to around 10 to 12
dB. This morning (Sunday, 8.30am) it's up to 15 to 16dB and response is
very good. It will be interesting to follow it through the day as more
people come on line.