[Lancaster] Re: Laptop supply from 12v DC

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Thu Feb 2 01:39:00 GMT 2006

Max,

Since last posting on this subject, I've bought a 12v to laptop supply
converter from Maplin. This is Stock code number L40BB. Cost £32.49 incl
P&P. It's a 120W unit. A neat unit which works well to allow use of my
IBM Thinkpad T21 via the car battery.

The reason for this stems from my budding interest in astronomy and need
to use the laptop outdoors, but usually with the car at hand. During
cold nights (like now) I discovered that the laptop will run for maybe
only 1/4 of an hour. At room temerature it will operate for > 2hours so
battery seems OK.

Ken Hough