[Lancaster] Linux in Space?

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Tue Feb 21 15:58:55 GMT 2006

You might be interested in the enclosed attachment. It's one of my first
attempts at astro photography using my new toy (a 10" Newtonian 'scope).
The picture was taken using eyepiece projection with a 25mm eyepiece.
The camera was a Pentax *istD digital SLR. Pictures (RAW files) were
downloaded and processed under Linux/GIMP.

To handle RAW files under GIMP you must download/compile/install 'dcraw'
and the GIMP pluggin 'rawphoto'.

Refer:  <http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/index.html>

I find this arrangement to be better than the dedicated software
provided by PENTAX, which of course only runs under Microsoft operating
systems.