[Lancaster] Remote working

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 13:17:53 GMT 2006

I remember looking into this a while back. A couple of things I've found out:

- satellite internet is /much/ cheaper if you only want download bandwidth.
This means it might be worth looking at using mobile phones for upload, with
satellite for download. I'm not sure how feasible this is though, or how the
prices work out nowadays.

- Using laptops may be a good option, but you could also look at a mini-itx
board with an onboard 12vDC converter, of which there are one or two. If you
use laptops, you'll need some way to convert 12vDC to whatever the laptop is
using.

andy.