[Lancaster] PC for the taking + monitors

Tim Churchill tchurchill at omne.uk.net
Sat Jul 8 17:16:19 BST 2006

I have a complete system for anyone that would like a free PC.

550MHz CPU;  256Mb RAM;  9Gb Hard drive; Kubuntu loaded; Tower unit; Mouse; Keyboard; 16" (actual)
HP Monitor; CDROM; Floppy drive. All tested, cleaned and set up. I had trouble with this one, so
put in a spare and larger hard drive (the original was only 1Gb) which has had the drive first
wiped with Killdisk and then been tested with Spinrite, the floppy drive 'unstuck' and the memory
doubled to 256Mb, before installing Kubuntu.

In addition I have 3 spare monitors; Relisys 16", Axion 16" and a Philips 13.75". All sizes actual.

Obviously I give no guarantees. The Relisys monitor may not work well with Linux systems as it
doesn't communicate with the operating system in Kubuntu and so sets an unusable basic resolution.
Works with Win XP fine, so it may work with other flavours of Linux.

Email me, or ring 37703 (Lancaster).

Tim Churchill