[Lancaster] Fwd: [lugmaster] lug.org.uk difficulties

Martyn Welch welchm at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Jun 27 20:34:47 BST 2006

FYI

Martyn

Subject: [lugmaster] lug.org.uk difficulties
Date: Tuesday 27 June 2006 20:16
From: Hugo Mills <hugo at lug.org.uk>
To: Lugmaster ML <lugmaster at mailman.lug.org.uk>

   You may have noticed that services on lug.org.uk have been somewhat
erratic over the last few days. We have been having some issues with
the hardware that the lug.org.uk domains run on -- the disk subsystem
is rather unstable. Andy Smith and Alan Pope have been to examine the
hardware and replace various components (hard disks, fans, cabling)
several times in the past week, as we try to identify the cause of the
problems.

   Today, Alan replaced the IDE cables. We hope that this will deal
with at least some of the problems, but we won't have a better idea of
the success of the operation for at least a few days yet.

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills <hugo at lug.org.uk>

Martyn Welch (welchm at comp.lancs.ac.uk)