[Lancaster] RE: (K)Ubuntu 6.06 (WAS: help wanted...)

Dave Smith dave at realppl.co.uk
Sat Jun 10 15:07:51 BST 2006

> Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:30:24 +0100
> From: Darren Poulson <llug at 22balmoralroad.net>
> Subject: Re: [Lancaster] Fwd: help wanted for linux user in lancaster
> To: lancaster at mailman.lug.org.uk
> On a totally unrelated note, Kubuntu 6.06 installs great on a G4 iBook and the
> wireless even works now (after downloading a firmware).

Darren,

Good to hear that! I've been eagerly awaiting 6.06 and, seeing as I'm
back home soon look forward to upgrading it. But I got a bit scared just
browsing the new Dapper Forums earlier.... at least I've heard one
positive story now!!

Cheers

Dave

PS When did you make the choice to try and 'break' your iBook? :-)