[Lancaster] Problems in getting KMail to work

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Wed May 17 12:45:33 BST 2006

Help! I've just been upgrading from SuSE v9.1 to v10.0 and figured that
I should start using latest browser and email apps (ie Firefox + KMail).
No problems with installation and all seems to work OK so far, except
for KMail.

KMail will receive mail, but won't send it. I'm pretty sure that account
details are correct.
I've tried running with root privilages and still no success with KMail.

Until now I've used the old Mozilla (v1.6) + Mozilla Mail without any
problems. Mozilla/Mozilla  Mail also work OK after installation on the
new SuSE v10.0 system.

I've check on an old SuSE v9.1 installation on my laptop and the same
applies (ie I use Mozilla/Mozilla Mail OK, but KMail won't work), so I
don't think it is peculiar my latest installation.

Does KMail work differently from Mozilla Mail. If so how? I must be
missing something.

Thanks