[Lancaster] Help needed with email from web pages

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Thu Jun 28 16:48:19 BST 2007

Matt Fletcher wrote:
> You can always try the PHP manual: http://uk2.php.net/mail
>
> Whenever I've had problems setting up mail on local web servers, it's
> always needed me to install sendmail/change the path to it/use smtp
> delivery. A lot of these settings will be in your php.ini file.
>
> Matt Fletcher
Thanks Matt. I'll take some time to digest the contents of the php link.
Eventually, I want the web page that I'm developing to run on my PHP
enabled web space at my ISP (ie uklinux.net). Is it likely that this
will handle requests to sent email correctly?

I guess that you can tell I'm a beginner in this area.    ;-)