[Lancaster] Fw: [was lugmaster] Fw: [was ukriders] Open Letter to Nicola Thompson, ICT Hub Project Manager

Mark Williams llug at lodestar.icom43.net
Mon Mar 19 00:05:30 GMT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:24:25 +0000
From: Richard Smedley <smedley358 at btinternet.com>
To: lugmaster at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [lugmaster] Fw: [ukriders] Open Letter to Nicola Thompson, ICT Hub
Project Manager

I'm sure some of the LUGs will be interested in the government's
money moving back to proprietary software in the voluntary sector:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:30:04 +0000
From: Chris Bailey <chrisbailey at socialrights.org>
To: ukriders at lists.lasa.org.uk
Subject: [ukriders] Open Letter to Nicola Thompson, ICT Hub Project
Manager

> Dear Nicola,
>
> I am writing to you to express my great concern at reports that
> funding for developing use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in
> the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) is to be cut very
> substantially in the next round of Capacity Builder funding
> administered by the ICT National Hub. ...

Full text at:

http://foss.ciac.org.uk/article46.html

and PDF at:

http://foss.ciac.org.uk/IMG/pdf/ICThub.pdf

Chris Bailey
East of England FOSS in the VCS project

     ukriders at lists.lasa.org.uk

For all list information and functions, including changing
your subscription mode and options, visit the Web page:
     http://lists.lasa.org.uk/lists/info/ukriders

     This list is hosted at NPOGroups.org, a service of
 Electric Embers: Internet hosting services for the community
                  http://electricembers.net