[Lancaster] Meeting 5th November

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 20:36:20 UTC 2008

Gareth Lees wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Never managed to make it to a meeting before so I'm quite excited to
> meet you. I shall be bringing along my laptop (will soon be dual
> booting Vista and I have no clue what distro, maybe gentoo.) Just
> wanted really to introduce myself before meeting you in person. On a
> side-note I have no particular skills to show off and therefore won't
> be doing.

If you're looking for a distro that's easy to set up, a friend of mine
recommends linux mint. (ping Ken W...) It includes all the multimedia
codecs by default (e.g. mp3 support), which is unusual for a distro
nowadays. Haven't tried it myself but it sounds good for a beginner from
what he says.

http://www.linuxmint.com/

andy