[Lancaster] Acer aspire one.

Wayne Ward wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 23:09:42 UTC 2008

I picked up a asus one at tea time its pretty good actually!
I didnt try the stock OS just booted straight of the usb key and
installed Ibex. Had to install backports for wireless card and a few
fixes for sd card reader apart from that its fine....
Screen and keyboard are well better than the asus 701
although im sure the solid state disk isnt as fast as the one in the
asus and i was going to update the 512 ram to 1 gig but got half way
through stripping the laptop and thought im going to bust this ill wait
till i have had a little longer as i was rushing to use it really!
WHy the hell they never put a access plate to install memory is beyond
me? there is one plate for a 3g card but major strip down to upgrade
your memory which would you use and upgrade more!!!?..
Ill try some more testing and let you know how i get on....

Regards

Wayne :-)