[Lancaster] Linux sound recording/editing demo.‏

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 18:38:34 UTC 2008

Just waiting for people to arrive and I thought that I would type up a
list of all the programs I'm hoping to demo tonight and where to find them:

jackd - audio routing daemon - http://jackaudio.org/
qjackctl - user friendly control panel for jackd -
http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/
audacity - simple multitrack recording - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
rezound - nice single track recorder / editor -
http://rezound.sourceforge.net/index.shtml
ardour - professional quality multitrack recorder / editor -
http://www.ardour.org/
hydrogen - drum machine - http://www.hydrogen-music.org/
rosegarden - midi sequencer - http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/
muse - another midi sequencer (not shown) - http://muse-sequencer.org/

Will type up a proper report of the demo some time later, but not sure
where to put it online - would be good if we had our own wiki; otherwise
I could put it on my own website.

andy