[Lancaster] Web Page

Ken Walton ken.walton at carandol.net
Fri Aug 7 22:57:10 UTC 2009

Don't know what version of Linux you're using, but in Ubuntu (or
anything else Gnome-based) you can just open the file browser, type in
ftp://ftp.your-web-address.com, enter your user name and password, and
then you can just copy files to where you want them. (If you haven't
got a location box to type into, click the little icon at top left
below the Back button). Something similar probably works with KDE too.
Once you're connected to your site, it should just be seen by your
computer as part of your file system.

2009/8/7 Rik Boland <Rik_Boland at btinternet.com>:
> I've got some free web space thanks to my ISP so I want to use it.
>
> I tried FileZilla and this deosn't seem to work (However good chance I
> done some thing wrong)
>
> Is there any other free software I can use and do I just need to use a
> ftp or do I need some thing else?
>
> Shalom
>
> Rik

Ken Walton