[Lancaster] Laptop with no boot order!

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 13:39:45 UTC 2009

If you've looked for the BIOS hotkey and find that the BIOS is
password-locked, you might be able to get round this by removing the
battery from the mainboard. Most boards have a small rechargeable watch
battery on them which keeps the BIOS's memory running when the power is
switched off.

But:
- this may be different for laptops which have their own battery pack -
not sure.
- laptops are trickier to dismantle than desktop machines, so it depends
on how adventurous you're feeling.

andy