[Lancaster] Toshiba Satallite

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 16 14:42:27 UTC 2009

Andy, Rik,

I understand that Toshiba Satellite machines are laptops. Unless the
Satellites are different from the laptops that I have played with, the hard
drive should simply be a push fit into a header block. No cables at all!

I have changed a few hard drives in laptops generally without problems.

However, (isn't there always one of these.  :-) on one occassion I replaced a
bog standard 5400 RPM drive with a much faster 7200 RPM drive and that just
wouldn't work. The drive controller simply didn't understand the drive.

Suggest that if not already done, you check Toshiba site for compatibility
with new drive.

Also check that any master/slave jumper is set correctly.

Good luck

Ken hough