[Lancaster] A short introduction

Joost Noppen joost.noppen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:42:19 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

This is to shortly introduce myself as I have just subscribed to the mailinglist. My name is Joost Noppen and I am originally from the Netherlands. I am currently working at Lancaster University in the Computing department as a senior research associate. I have subscribed to the mailinglist as I am an enthusiastic linux user for both professional and personal use. And as there is a linux community in Lancaster, it only makes sense to get to know it a bit.

As I understood, you have a meeting every first Wednesday of the month, correct? Normally I would drop in on the next meeting but I am limited by two things: first I travel quite a lot so I am not always in Lancaster and second I am part of the Lancaster pool league and my team plays its matches on Wednesday evenings. So for the time being my possibility to attend is a bit limited, but if the schedule permits I will definitely drop in. For the time being, I will keep my eye on the mailinglist though :).

Cheers,
Joost

Joost Noppen
Computing Department