[Lancaster] (no subject)

Richard Robinson llug_6a at beulah.qualmograph.org.uk
Sun Feb 8 14:21:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 01:10:52PM +0000, Rik Boland wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone know a good package to create iso files.

The underlying tool (from the commandline) is probably mkisofs.

Investigating this finds no manpage for it, on my Kubuntu. Further
investigation shows that that's a link to another program, called
"genisoimage". So, "man mkisofs", or possibly "man genisoimage", or
"genisoimage -help" would get you more on this.

BUT this is probably not what you need to know. For all things
CD/DVD/isofs-ish, k3b is probably the first & best resort. On my setup,
that's System-meny/Multimedia/K3b. Or, of course, just type "k3b &" in a
terminal. It's a nice pointyclicky GUI thing that, in my experience, works
very well.

And whn you have it, 'start new project', drag&drop files into it as
appropriate, push the 'burn' button and fiddle the 'writing' options as
appropriate ("only create image" or something).

--
Richard Robinson