[Lancaster] Twitter

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 20 09:58:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 23:19 +0000, mp wrote:
> Hmmm, Twitter is non-free software.
>
> But there are Free Software alternatives.
> http://www.techenclave.com/open-source/identi-ca-open-source-twitter-alternative-114388.html
> http://gigaom.com/2009/01/14/identica-gets-funding-to-make-open-source-twitter-variant/

Identi.ca is great - the Lconica software is something
we're looking at implementing for a community.

However, although I'm on both Identi.ca and Twitter,
it's the latter that most others (beyond the Free
Software community) are on. Any suggestions as to
how to change this are most welcome :-)

btw I'll be discussing this at one of the "Small
Steps to Sustainability" workshops, as part of
FACT Liverpool's Climate for Change exhibition.
The workshops are an after-work drinks event,
each Wednesday at 6pm from March 18 to the end
of May. Please feel free to come along :)

 - Richard
--
http://identi.ca/richardsmedley
http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley