[Lancaster] Belkin Wireless USB 4 Port Hub (F5U302)

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 23 11:08:31 UTC 2009

I've just got hold of one of the above mentioned items.

It's a very neat piece of gear, but as I expected, I haven't yet got it to
work under Linux. That's not too much of a problem for what I had in mind as
I will have to use Win XP (spit!!!!).

My plan is to control astronomical telescopes, focusers, cameras, etc
remotely. eg from indoors, which will be nice during cold winter nights.

I will have to use Win XP to make use of the necessary control software.

....and no, the control software will not run via 'wine' and nor will the hub
run under XP via VirtualBox.  :-(

The hub does work well under native WP.

Does anyone have any clues as to how to get this Belkin device working under
Linux?

Output from the terminal command 'lsusb -vv' includes:

"
Bus 008 Device 024: ID 050d:302a Belkin Components
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x050d Belkin Components
  idProduct          0x302a
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           0
  iProduct                0
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           27
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           0
      bInterfaceClass       254 Application Specific Interface
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Device Firmware Update
      bInterfaceProtocol      2
      iInterface              0
      ** UNRECOGNIZED:  09 21 09 ff ff 40 00 01 01
"

Regards