[Lancaster] any old PCI ethernet cards

max* max at tofubandits.org.uk
Thu Mar 12 14:19:02 UTC 2009

Hi all,

possibly a bit of a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone has any PCI
ethernet cards (100mb+) knocking around? The network at
www.seedsforchange.org.uk (a non profit org supporting local groups) is still
working on 10Mb (some with BNC connections!) and while it's been fine so far,
some heavy progs like firefox need more to drag more data down the line than
the poor old cards can deal with (we're using thin clients with old
machines).

Currently my idea of a nice network is something that can run faster than
1mb/s, so if anyone has any cards that they'd be happy to pass on to us we'd
be very grateful!

thankyou

max