[Lancaster] Have I broke my machine?

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 12:34:14 UTC 2009

red wrote:
> ok dont that Andy
>
> Yeah I cant see the package in the repotiry list so where I get it from?
OK I've installed it on my machine (the 4.3 version you have not the 5.0
beta which doesn't work on my distro). It has most likely installed to
/home/yourusername/google-earth (with a link to it in your home
directory), and the command you need to type to start it is just:

~/googleearth

If you want to add a menu item for it, find the menu editor (system >
preferences > Main menu), and then add a new entry with the command set
to '/home/yourusername/google-earth/googleearth'. There is an icon for
the menu-item in the google-earth directory.

andy