[Lancaster] more site stuff!!

Wayne Ward wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 17:11:27 UTC 2009

wowsers sounds like you have seen some real linux action!!!
be great to see you at tone of the lancaster linux meetings!!

on another hand...
My other half reminded me they do tapas at the brit were we have
meetings ill see if they can sort me a deal out for december ;)

keep the pictures and the member profiles coming guys the sites
looking better every day!

Wayne
On 12 Oct 2009, at 17:56, Richard Smedley wrote:

> Wayne Ward wrote:
>> Cheers richard !!!
>> Ill have to check back as i must have started before 2002 then!!
>> I created the first meeting on the quay in the george and dragon im
>> positive it must have been 1999 or 2000 the only way i can find out
>> is
>> to track back to the preston lists thats how i created the
>> group!!!!!!
>>
>> our first meeting we had around 6 members did you come to that
>> meeting??...
>
> Hello Wayne,
>
> No, regrettable my meeting attendance at LUGs is
> lamentably bad :-/
>
> Between 2000 & 2002 I joined every LUG in the NW
> (there were quite a few then that aren't around any
> more) as I had an idea about a regional grouping -
> but it was one of those ideas that never came to
> anything.
>
> I also joined a few others as I dealt with the
> community pages for Linux Format at the time.
>
> Later (2005 I think) I joined every LUG across the
> Midlands as I was working on a project getting
> Free Software to charities there.
>
> However I've no clear dates beyond this vague idea.
>
> In the last 3 or 4 years I've been to a few events
> in Lancaster with SELNET, but sadly nothing
> LUG-related. I'm trying to time my journeys to
> Cumbria to fit in with a Lancaster LUG meeting: one
> day soon... :-)
>
>  - Richard
>
> --
> Richard Smedley          Social Media & Accessible Web for small Orgs
>                                         http://GoodGNUs.org/courses
>
> http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley           Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
>                                    http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/

Regards,
Wayne ward

07957448652
Lancaster Computers

http://www.lancastercomputers.co.uk/
wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk

Computers - Laptops - Servers - Web Services