[Lancaster] linux user group

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 08:50:05 UTC 2009

Sorry - forget to send a copy to the list.

Richard Smedley wrote:
> andy baxter wrote:
>> http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/drupal/expt/
>>
>> It's on the real server now - just hasn't been announced to the world
>> yet.
>
> Looks an interesting project - I can't get to
> this week's workshop at short notice, but it
> looks fascinating. I wonder what life's like
> at the Surrealism Centre at University of
> Manchester? =o)

It is interesting I think - I studied sociology and philosophy of
science years ago, so I am thinking of going to some of the workshops
out of curiosity.
> What's the #hashtag for the workshop? I'll keep an
> eye out for tweets.
We're still deciding how to set up the twitter functions. They are
broken at the moment because drupal can't get through the uni's proxy
server to access the twitter api. Bron who is running the program is
looking for a good name for the feed which hasn't been taken yet.

I have never used twitter, so don't really understand what a hashtag is
- some kind of category for gathering posts from different feeds?

andy