[Lancaster] installs on virtual box

jonath j at jonath.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 14:46:51 UTC 2009

Wayne,

What software do you use for making your virtual boxes? I'm always
having problems with virtual machines. I use to use VMWare Workstation
(I think it was), which kind of worked okay (mostly), but it was a bit
of behemoth. I then tried out VirtualBox, when has been okay up until
recently (until I upgraded from 1.6 to 3.0.something). Now I get some
weird error telling me I need to run '/etc/init.d/vboxdrv start'. Of
course, that file doesn't exist. Downgrading doesn't seem to work
either. Joy, joy, joy. This is all on a Gentoo system.

jonathan