[Lancaster] [ANN] Prelim GeekUp, Friday 29th 20h00 Lancaster

Gustavo Carreno guscarreno at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 25 01:19:45 UTC 2010

Hey Andy,

2010/1/24 andy baxter <andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk>:
> For the benefit of others on this list, it might be a good idea if you could
> say a bit more about what geekup is and why you're organising this meeting?

GeekUp is a combination of Geek+Meet-Up.
The most basic form of it is just a good excuse to empty some pints.
The more elaborate will be like a Talk or a Presentation.
Could also be an excuse for free lance people to join and look at new
faces and not get depressed by "home duty".

My objective on this one is to assess if we can have enough quorum to
get to a more evolved cycle of GeekUps, with Talk and/or
Presentations.
It's also a good thing that we have 2 Unis around. That means we will
probably have some CS peeps with something of interest.

Cheers,
Gus
--
Homepage: http://gcarreno.org