[Lancaster] good meeting last night

Cefn Hoile lancaster_lug.org.uk at cefn.com
Fri Aug 24 08:54:58 UTC 2012

I've shared the new scheduled date and venue with Les Pounder for his
LUG page in Linux Format. May take a few months to come through,
though.

Will keep you all posted on the Laptop Shrimping stuff happening in
Morecambe. In the meantime here are some useful links covering the
minimal Arduino compatible we've conceived for the project...
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=111523.0

An example of a Shrimped Laptop, serialised for O'Reilly...
http://blog.safaribooksonline.com/2012/07/03/time-traveling-with-old-laptops-and-arduino-compatibles/
http://blog.safaribooksonline.com/2012/07/09/laptop-shrimping-tip-serial-control/
http://blog.safaribooksonline.com/2012/07/10/laptop-shrimping-feeling-the-music/
http://blog.safaribooksonline.com/2012/07/10/laptop-shrimping-adding-color/

If you have experience workshopping electronics or programming, or
working with hard-to-reach and disadvantaged communities, it could be
really useful to have others join in. Also we're still (always)
reaching around for donated laptops, in any condition, but those which
at least power up are our favourites.

Cefn
http://cefn.com