[Lancaster] A Spare CRT monitor

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 16 21:15:22 UTC 2012

Hi Mark!

I'll hang onto the Iiyama for a few days so let me know if you decide to go
for it.

I agree, it was a nice monitor in it's day and apart from it's size, it still
is. I'm hoping that my new DELL monitor will be comparable wrt tonal
resolution.

As I said, I needed to recover some desk space so as to make room for some
amateur radio gear that is yet to be obtained. I hope that this will be soon
because I past my Foundation License exam on Tuesday night. Provided that
Ofcom get themselves into gear, I should have my license and call sign
sometime tomorrow.

I already have an Icom PCR1000 communications receiver. This is an SDR
(software defined radio) that is controlled 100% via the PC. Of course the
control software is MS Windows stuff, but I've got it running via wine/Debian
and of course I can run it via Win XP/Virtualbox/Debian.

Regards

Ken Hough