[Lancaster] xmonad and javascript

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 11:05:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks to the greek guy I talked to in the Gregson
the other day (Stellos? Sorry i forgot your name) for putting me on to
xmonad and also the javascript phone app stuff.

Xmonad (a tiling window manager with keyboard shortcuts) seems to be
saving me a lot of time faffing with the mouse. The only thing I'm
missing is notifications from pidgin, but I can probably work out how to
set this up.

If you get this, could you let me know the name of the library you use
to do cross-platform javascript apps on phones? I think it could be
useful for buddycloud, as their client is written in javascript
(actually coffeescript but it comes to the same thing). I saw 'PhoneGap'
/ 'Cordova', and someone suggested 'Titanium', but it would be good to
have a recommendation from someone with experience.

best wishes,

andy