[Lancaster] looking for a good wifi router

Cefn Hoile lancaster_lug.org.uk at cefn.com
Mon Jun 25 12:43:14 UTC 2012

Mp, if Andy doesn't take you up on the offer, then I'll definitely do so.

I was just about to buy the Linksys recommended by Les to give us wireless
access and routable ethernet for the studio laptops and experimental
machines at the Shrimping Workshops, but if there's a hackable AND free
one, even better.

I'm hoping it will be possible to configure routing rules which allows it
to negotiate an uplink via Ethernet and DHCP and then serve it out via
NATed wireless. Any suggestions for how to do this on any device without
absolute IPtables hell are welcome (for example regular ethernet hubs and
wireless access points have an toggleable uplink button, but modem devices
seem to assume they are negotiating the DSL, so they don't seem to have
this easy-config uplink behaviour).

Cefn
http://cefn.com