[Lancaster] can anyone help with an 'intro to linux' event?

Andrew Baxter site at highfellow.org
Fri Oct 5 13:39:52 UTC 2012

Hi all,

A friend asked me if I could do an introduction to installing and using
linux for the 'University of Occupy Lancaster'. He's booked a room at
the Robert Gillow Pub in Lancaster, upstairs at 7pm on Thursday 11th
October.

I was thinking of starting by showing people some of the software
they're likely to want - web browser, email client, media player, photo
editing, word processing, DTP etc. This bit could be based on the needs
of the people who come, rather than too scripted. Then if there's time I
could take people through an install of ubuntu. (Maybe on a spare
partition of my laptop's disk).

He's promised that there will be wifi, so we should be able to get a net
connection.

If anyone would like to help with this event, that would be great. The
last time I talked to my friend, about 4 people had signed up, but that
was before he put it on Facebook, so there may be more.

Could you let me know if you're able to help?

Cheers,

andy