[Lancaster] UPS? Recommendations?

jonath j at jonath.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 11:13:15 UTC 2013

HELLO!

I've had a fairly new hard-drive fail, probably on account of a load
of unplanned power failures (grrrrrrr, electricians, builders!!!) . .
. but then again maybe it was just a dodgy hard-drive.

Anyway, so that got me thinking . . . uninterruptible power supply.

All I'm after here is something that kill keep my Linux PC running
long enough to automatically perform a CONTROLLED shut-down in the
event of some kind of power outage.

So . . . anyone got any recommendations, advice, stuff to avoid, etc.,
etc. . . ?

Many thanks,

jonathan