[Lancaster] Meeting interest ...

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Sun May 12 08:14:31 UTC 2013

Hi Wayne,

It's good to see that you are keeping the LUG ball rolling. I haven't been
down to Lancaster for some time, mainly because other interests are taking up
my time -- mainly amateur radio.  I now have a full amateur radio license
which means that not only can I transmit on any of the amateur radio
frequencies, but I am also allowed to build my own transmitters, etc.

Of course I still use Debian Linux as my main OS with VirtualBox for the odd
occasion when I have to use Win XP. I use 'wine' for a few Win apps that can
be run via wine.

Last night I downloaded and installed the latest and very recently released
version of Debian Linux (Wheezy v7.0.0). As expected with Debian, installation
went faultlessly.

Not sure that I like the latest desktop, but then I'm still a Gnome 2 user
who is used to a big VDU (Dell Ultrasharp 24") and a comfortable mouse. It
seems to me that recent desktops are really aimed at small touch screens. I
dislike recent versions of Ubuntu for the same reason.

Time will tell.

Keep up the good work.

Best wishes to all.

Regards